8 Reasons Why I Love Berlin
Berlin is many things. The capital of Germany, cultural metropolis, exciting, always changing and definitely has my heart.
It was my first time in Berlin this Summer and I totally fell in love with it! The city is amazing, the atmosphere is great and yes, I alreay miss it and I`m definitely going to visit it again one day. Maybe even live there? Who knows, everything is possible. Anyways here are the 8 reasons why I love Berlin.
1. Afordability - Yes, Berlin is freaking cheap copared to other parts of Europe, even Estonia. The food and drinks are super cheap. I mean the bottle of vine at local supermarket cost about 2 euros. Like whaat. And we spent about 20 euros per person a day for meals, transport, sites, etc. Affordability is definitely one of the reasons why I would like to live in this city.
2. The history - Berlin is rich of history. I think all of us can imagine that there are some dark chapters of history to dive into this city. There are countless memorials, museums and galleries to visit and historic walks to take. So the Memorial To The Murdered Jews Of Europe, The Brandenburger Tor, Berlin Wall should definitely be in your to-do list if you visit Berlin.
3. Public transport - I don`t know how anyone can like this, but I did in Berlin. The system makes sense, it`s safe, it`s efficient, it`s clean and cheap. So if you are visiting Berlin, I suggest you to take public transport instead of taxi or uber.
4. The parks - You can see a lot of green in Berlin, that`s because the city is full of parks that are super impressive. You can have nice walks there, run or have a picnic. The choice is yours!
5. Food - The food there tastes nice and like home. Nothing strange, super tasty and cheap. How can I not love this. There are nice cafes in every corner where you can enjoy yourself and get the real taste of Berlin.
6. Art everywhere - From beautiful galleries, monuments to street art. There is art for everyone. I love street art and graffiti, cause I can see so much inspiration everywhere. Berlin is definitely an inspirational city.
7. Tolerance - I can`t stand rassism and people who always juge someone. The people you meet in Berlin are super nice and tolerant on many levels. People are free to be themselves and how they like and act like they want. No one is looking at them or rejeckting them just because they are "different".
8. Nightlife - Berlin`s nightlife offers something for every taste from heavy metal fans to hip hop lovers. There is something for everyone. This is the reason why it`s known as one of the most exciting nightlife cities in the world.
Have You been to Berlin? If YES, let me know in the comments what do you like the most about this city. If NO, tell me if You would like to visit it one day.