Why I love Riga
Riga is the capital city of Latvia and the biggest city in the Baltics. It`s a lovely metropolis where you can have nice walks, shop as much as you want, listen to some live music, meet with inspiring people etc.Here are my 5 reasons why I love this city!
1. Shopping - There are many great malls and small shops there for any taste. I`m sure everyone can find something from Riga.
2. The prices - Yes, almost everything is cheaper than in Estonia, especially alcohol. You can get twice as much alcohol from Latvia than you can get from Estonia. I guess that`s the reason why many estonians, even finnish people go to Latvia and buy lots of alcohol from there. Besides to alcohol, the food, plane tickets, bus tickets etc. are also much cheaper.
3. The architecture - It`s just amazing, especially in the Old Town. You can see an impressive piece of art almost everywhere you look.
4. The food - Yes the food in Latvia is nice, almost feels like home (potatoes everywhere) but with a little Latvian accent. You can always have nice fresh food from the market that is So Cheap.
5. Communication - Almost everyone can speak English or Russian, so it`s really easy to communicate with the local people.
Have You ever been to Riga? If YES, what do You like the most about this city. If NO, would You like to visit it one day?